Book Review: Romancing the Holiday by Jaci Burton, Helen Kay Dimon and Christi Barth

Source: ebook received via NetGalley
Published December 3rd 2012 by Carina Press 

Book Description (from Goodreads):


We wish you a merry Christmas…and a happily ever after!

A memorable three-night stand gets rekindled in a cabin in West Virginia. An office romance is sparked by an impulsive holiday kiss. And two best friends scout locations for a marriage proposal and discover that they make a perfect match. 'Tis the season for laughter, love and a lifetime of happiness.

Edited by Angela James this anthology includes:

We'll Be Home (GR link) for Christmas by HelenKay Dimon
The Best Thing (GR link) by Jaci Burton
Ask Her at Christmas (GR link) by Christi Barth




My Thoughts

Having read only one other HelenKay Dimon book, I have enjoyed reading We'll Be Home for Christmas for sure. The story begins in least possible way, but I guess this is what made the story so interesting. There is a lot of passion, quirky talk. The novella is heart-warming with a sense of a small town community mixed with a little bit of sexiness. What is more, Dimon introduces Travis as a know-it-all-guy when it comes to women, even having him giving advice to Spencer, and now, it just makes me wonder if he indeed will know it all when it comes to his story. Ha. It'll be fun! Although I did not care for the rushed ending to the story, I still find it quite likable and nice read for the romance-starved readers.


Me being an absolute fan of Jaci Burton's, it's is hard for me to not love The Best Thing. The story is everything I might have needed this Christmas, a cute and fun read for the cold days to warm up my heart. I have enjoyed the relationship between Tori and Brody, they are the perfect couple considering the jadedness of Brody and once-cute-and-loving Tori. The dialogue and the situations between them are an absolute laugh-out-loud and you just have to love Brody's attempts to win over Tori's heart again and bring peace to his heart and family, because his brothers did tell him "You need to fix Tori. She's broken.", after all. So, if you have a chance to read this novella, please do. It might bring you back the hope in love. 

Ask Her at Christmas is my first read from author Christi Barth. It is a perfect story for a quick holiday read, but somehow, someway, I did not care much for it. Don't get me wrong it is an okay story, but that's just it. A mediocre storyline, characters and writing. Not much of the dialogue to prompt my intrigue, sadly. Since it is a Christmas novella, I guess it is a perfect read because it's got a little bit of romance, the usual Christmas spirit, and the expected happy ending. I find it a waste of time to read because the characters and plot are not particularly innovative ones, even though the Christmas background is set well. 

Links to the authors:

Christi Barth:
Goodreads, website, Twitter.


Anthology Overview:
An excellent mix of heart-warming and cute stories for the Christmas season. Love all around!

Did you read it? What did you think? Any similar anthologies or novels that you would recommend to me?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DAY FOUR - REDNECK RODEO by Lorelei James RELEASE PARTY

Early Review: Dare You To by Katie McGarry

Blog Tour: Barbie Girl by Heidi Acosta