Early Review: Lush by Lauren Dane

Source: publisher via NetGalley
Publication date:  April 2nd 2013 by Berkley Trade

Book Description:

USA Today bestselling author Lauren Dane delivers a second serving of sexy in her new Delicious novel, in which taste and temptation make up a sweet recipe…

Mary Whaley has her hands full running a successful catering company and overseeing her supper club. She has everything she ever wanted—or so she thought. When she meets ridiculously hot and very dirty rock star Damien Hurley at her friend’s engagement party, the attraction she feels is overpowering—and she isn’t about to deny herself.

Damien is used to a hard and fast life. He and two of his brothers started a band when they were fresh out of high school—then they hit the big time and stayed there. He’s also a legendary madman on the stage and in the bedroom. But when he meets Mary, something clicks, and the bad boy starts thinking he may have finally found something good.

What begins as a series of fleeting trysts soon gets much more complicated. Damien can’t figure out why Mary doesn’t want more from him. And before long, it’s Damien who wants more from Mary. But it turns out Mary is no stranger to celebrity news, and he’s got a very big job ahead of him: proving that he’s worth more than a one-night stand…

My Thoughts:
Having just before finished Tart, I was a little skeptic about Lush. I absolutely adore Lauren Dane’s work usually, but I did not want this one to be a disappointment after Tart proved to me that it cannot come even near to what Laid Bare was. Even though I ended up feeling disappointed, I have complete understanding because Delicious series is a kind of spin off to Brown series, but is still in a way unique in its own right.

Now, let me tell you Lush did not disappoint at all. I have absolutely loved reading this one. It may come across as a little similar to Never Enough, Adrian’s book but Lush gets its own set of personalities. Yes, I know, apparently, books have the characteristics of human beings. Well, at least it is that way with me. 

The characters of Lush are absolutely lovable and I like that Lauren Dane introduced us to a couple of now ones, and I believe those are the keepers. Hopefully she will decide to write about them also. As for Mary and Damien, I loved them together. They have so much character and passion. So different, and yet the same. At times, there is so much frustration. Ah well, that’s why I love reading Dane’s books. I always know I can expect the unexpected. And you have Damien. I mean, it’s Damien, how cannot you love a guy named Damien. And he’s a drummer at that. Oh boy, you are in over your head with that one, that’s for sure. Furthermore, those brothers of Damien’s. You’ll see it, just pick up the book and read it. It’s worth it. 

The storyline will also get you hooked from the beginning. And I am not saying no more in fear on not being able to stop the spamming if I start.  I just wanted to share with you how much I have enjoyed reading this book. The characters are funny and witty, the plot intriguing, there are some new characters introduced that I think will just force you to love them. Also, we get short glimpses into the characters we all have learned to love through Brown series, and I have to say, since Raven is in Lush too, I have become very intrigued with the question who her hero will be. Because, after all, Raven being Raven, had to give hints of her own. Moreover, Dane’s style is still the one that makes you want read her books time and time again. 

To conclude, I have missed reading Dane’s books lately, meaning the last few I have read have missed something for me. After all, she was one of the reasons I have picked up on contemporary romances. Lush came really really close to what I love about this author.
 

Links to the author:

Comments

  1. This sounds absolutely delicious! Another must-read for sure!

    Thanks for stopping by my European Bloggers Unite post today! It's really nice to meet you, and I'm a new GFC follower so I can read more of your excellent reviews.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh it definitely is absolutely delicious!

      No problem, so it from my pal Ivana @ Willing To See Less. :) Nice to meet you, too. Thanks for subscribing.

      Delete
    2. Ha, just found the mistake. It's SAW instead of SO. Usually, I know how to spell, I promise.

      Delete
  2. Sounds like a great read, thanks for sharing. Popping over from the European Bloggers Linky, now following you xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

DAY FOUR - REDNECK RODEO by Lorelei James RELEASE PARTY

Book Review: Nauti Temptress by Lora Leigh

Book Review: Secret Vampire by L. J. Smith